Celebrate National Library Week and join in all the fun things at the library!
Kids & Families
Every year, National Library Week (April 3 – 9) celebrates libraries and their staff with a weeklong celebration. This year’s theme is “Connect with Your Library.” A library can connect its community to a plethora of resources and services. To help celebrate, visit the library and be sure to let staff know how much you appreciate them!
If you are a member of our Litwits Reading Challenge group, our next book is ready to pick up! Uncover the mystery of The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner. To find out more about Litwits, check out our page here.
- Story Time – every Tuesday at 10 am. For children ages 3 & up. Listen to stories, sing songs, and take a craft home every week! Our last story time for the spring is April 26th. We’ll pick up with our weekly story times starting in the summer!
- Rhyme Time – every Friday at 10 am. For babies toddlers. Listen to stories, sing songs, and play felt boards, finger plays and more! Our last Rhyme Time for the spring is April 28th. We’ll start Rhyme Time again in the fall.
- National Library Week Party – April 6th at 4 pm. All ages. Show your support of the library and make a button! Limit 1 per person.
- Kids Crafts – Thursday, April 7th at 4 pm. For all ages. Make Easter crafts and a bird feeder!
- LEGOs – Thursday, April 14th at 4 pm. For children 7 & up. Build beyond your imagination with our LEGOs!
- Rubix Cubes – Thursday, April 21st at 4 pm. For children ages 7 & up. Do you have what it takes to solve our Rubix Cubes? Give them a try!
- Chalk Day – Wednesday, April 27th at 2 pm. For all ages. Decorate our front sidewalk with chalk!
- Drones – Thursday, April 28th at 4 pm. For children ages 10 & up. Explore the high-flying world of drones.
- Safari Days – Saturday, April 30th from 10 am – 3 pm. Visit our booth at the Safari Days outdoor market for library goodies and stories!
Teens & Adults
- Container Gardening with Debbie Fedie – Tuesday, April 5th at 2 pm. Start your own container garden with helpful tips from Debbie Fedie.
- YA Crafts – Tuesday, April 12th at 4 pm. For tweens and teens ages 12 & up. Paint and dye your own Easter eggs.
- Crafts with Kaleigh – Wednesday, April 13th from 4 – 5:30 pm. Craft with adult library Kaleigh Wilson.
- Coffee and Conversation with Kara – Tuesday, April 19th at 10:30 am. Enjoy a cup of coffee and conversation with library director Kara Hale.
- Select It Yourself Book Club – Tuesday, April 19th at 5:30 pm. Participants will pick a book to share with others and discuss different genres every month. This month is biography, so pick your favorite biography or memoir to share with others!
- Writers’ Group – Thursday, April 21st from 5:30 – 6:30 pm. For teens and adults interested in writing, meet other writers and share your work.
In-person programs and outside events may be cancelled due to high COVID-19 numbers or bad weather. Please keep risks low for our staff and others by wearing a mask and practicing social distancing (6ft apart from others). Masks may be required for indoor programming. Find out more activities or updates on our calendar or check on our Facebook page for more details.